Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 76

Getting my green on today with some minty-chocolate cupcakes.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, and my co-worker and friend Bre's birthday. So, just like last year, I thought I had better make some cupcakes in honor of both. Cupcakes 'cause it's Bre's birthday...minty and green 'cause it's St. Patty's Day.

I ended up frosting half of the cupcakes with the traditional swirl top, but the other half I tried a flower style, which ended up resembling a hydrangea a bit (not that I've ever seen a mint green hydrangea...).

I'm certainly not a fan of the mint...I happen to think it makes most things taste like toothpaste...but I have to admit I did enjoy a couple of these...it was more a hint of mint, and didn't overpower too much.

Today also happens to be an anniversary for Rob and I. Six months ago today we got engaged. I had really hoped to get a photo of the two of us for today's photo of the day, but with everything going on, it did slip my mind until this afternoon, and with our work schedules today I probably won't see him until it's time for bed. So, I guess it's a good thing I had a photo of one of my other favorite things!

No comments: