Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12

Today I didn't have to struggle to find something to photograph, and actually had a dilemma on which picture to use, and what to write about.

I choose both.

First, I had a really enjoyable lunch today with one of my oldest and dearest Mel, at the new Twigs Bistro. Thanks to one of my Battalion Chiefs I had a gift card, and since neither one of us had tried it out yet, we decided to meet there for what turned out to be a rather extended and enjoyable lunch. It's always good to catch up...we just need to do it more often!

For the Project 365 photo, however, I was won over by this picture...I mean who doesn't love red and pink, M&M's, and brownies...or in this case blondies??? After work I ran to Target to return a Christmas gift, and in its stead picked up this very cute Valentine place mat. I also wanted to try out this easy peasy Brown Sugar Blondie recipe I had pinned on Pinterest, and thankfully Target also had the main ingredient, the Valentine M&M's, so all was good.

I headed home, made a quick dinner, and got these blondies in the oven. They turned out so festive...and they tasted pretty darn good too.

Can't wait to try more Pinterest recipes!

No comments: