Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 198


I know it was only last Monday that I posted a storm photo.  But I couldn't help myself.  Tonight was a repeat of the thunderstorms we've had recently, and again, this one was a pretty big one. 

I kept my eye on it as it was coming up from Oregon, and took a few 'before' photos of the dark evening sky. When it finally hit, and hit with a big boom, Rob and I just headed to bed because they are happening so frequently it seemed a little 'business as usual'.  But as we were lying there listening to the rumbling outside, I couldn't resist.  I got back up, grabbed the camera and headed to the front porch.  I just want so badly to capture one of those great lightening pictures.  (I admit, hard to do from my location...probably need to relocate to a open space.)  I did get a few good shots showing just how brightly it lit up the neighborhood like broad daylight...then I managed to get one.  Not an award winner by any stretch, but I do feel like my timing is getting a little better.

With any luck there will be a few more storms before summer is over, and maybe I'll get that truly great photo.

Oh...and by the way...Happy Birthday Billie.  Hope you had a great weekend away.  So glad you made it home tonight before the storm broke out!!

No comments: