Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 188

Today is my mom and dad's anniversary.  Today, they would have celebrated their 38th anniversary in fact.  Today, just three weeks into my marriage, it really made me think about my mom and dad and what they made marriage look like for me.

One thing that has always stuck with me; my mom always says marriage is a partnership...neither individual is better than or less than the other.  And I think my parent's marriage was an example of that. 

That doesn't mean the road was always rosy...of course there were tough times, or frustrating times, or differences of opinion.  But the overall message held true...they were equals, they were partners, for better or worse.

I pray that when the road isn't exactly rosy for Rob and I, or when we're frustrated, or struggling with differences of opinion as I'm sure we will, that we too will always treat each other with respect, and treat each other as equal partners in our relationship. 

I don't think there's just one 'key' to a happy marriage, but I do think this one is a keeper!

No comments: