Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 28

Yesterday while sitting in church reading the weekly bulletin, Rob pointed out that Catholic Family Services was having a meeting for anyone interested in Foster Care.

It's no secret Rob and I would like to have a family, and at this point we are not sure what that may look like.  We are open to any possibility, including fostering and/or adoption.  So we attended the meeting right after work tonight to hear about their program and how it works.

After watching a video and hearing about the children in 'the system', of course there is a part of you that wants to rescue each and every one of them.  I know that we have a lot of room in our hearts for a child that has been abused or negleted, and is consequently part of the foster care system.  But it also brings to light a lot of possiblities that I need to do some praying and soul searching on...like can I love a child who simply can't or won't love me back...can I love a child and still have my heart be ok if he or she is taken and placed back with their biological parents...things like that.

We brought home some paperwork to take some initial steps, and I would like to follow through and see where the journey takes us.  We know God has a plan for us, and they say God doesn't give you more than you can handle...so I guess we'll just have to see what He has in store, and what He thinks we're capable of!

No comments: